We are currently accepting submissions for books in the Poetry, Healing, and Growth Series
If considering submitting a manuscript to the Poetry, Healing, and Growth Series, it is strongly recommended that you review two or more of our current books. It is not necessary to follow the same format of the books already published. We will consider poetry books and books about the use of poetry with healing and growth. We are not considering poetry books that will not fit with the poetry, healing, and growth series.
Using the form below, please upload a prospectus complete with all of the following:
- Prior to submitting the manuscript, please review UPP’s manuscript preparation guidelines and assure that your manuscript has been prepared in accordance with these guidelines. Please note that some of these guidelines may not apply to aspects of the poetry volumes.
- Cover letter introducing your book and why you are submitting to University Professors Press.
- Brief overview of the book, the format of the book, and the book’s purpose.
- If primarily a poetry book, a draft of your book with poems included should be submitted with the prospectus. It is acceptable to still add poems after the initial submission, but all completed poems should be included. For books that are primarily poetry books we strongly encourage authors to include an introduction and/or epilogue that helps provide a psychological framework for the poetry. The introduction, epilogue, and similar sections should be written in accordance with APA Style (6th Edition) to be considered.
- If the book is about the use of poetry for healing and growth, the manuscript must be written in accordance with APA Style (6th Edition). The prospectus should include a minimum of 2 sample chapters. If any separate sections of poetry are included, these should be submitted with the prospectus.
- List of anticipated images with description or include the images. Note: We typically will only consider including color images if they are necessary for the book. Color images increase the price of the book and are taken into consideration pertaining to whether the book is accepted.
- Description of the intended audience.
- Discussion of how this book fits with the Poetry, Healing, and Growth Series.
- Marketing recommendations to reach the intended audience (recommended, but not required, for inclusion).
- Full vita of the Author(s)/Editor(s) of the book with complete contact information.