We are currently accepting submissions for psychological fiction that reflects humanistic, existential, or transpersonal psychology themes.
Using the form below, please upload a prospectus complete with all of the following:
- Prior to submitting the manuscript, please review UPP’s manuscript preparation guidelines and assure that your manuscript has been prepared in accordance with these guidelines. Aspects of these guidelines may not apply to psychological fiction.
- Cover letter introducing your book and why you are submitting to University Professors Press.
- Brief overview of the book, the format of the book, and the book’s purpose.
- Complete manuscript of the book.
- A completed table of contents with brief chapter descriptions.
- Please include a section highlighting the psychological themes included in the manuscript. We are, in particular, interested in psychological fiction that may be used in coursework or training to illustrate psychological themes to students and trainees.
- List of anticipated images with description or include the images. Note: We typically will only consider including color images if they are necessary for the book. Color images increase the price of the book and are taken into consideration pertaining to whether the book is accepted.
- Description of the intended audience.
- Marketing recommendations to reach the intended audience.
- Full vita of the Author(s)/Editor(s) of the book with complete contact information.
- Note: As psychological fiction is small audience that can be difficult to market, we typically only accept fiction when authors are willing to share. If you are willing to consider sharing the risk (i.e., costs) of publications, please note this in your prospectus.